Can anyone suggest a dish that doesn’t require any slicing or cutting? Yeah, I know it’s tough to answer. And sometimes cooking with proper slices seems like the most challenging task in the world.
And I’m sure newbies like me feel the same in the kitchen to find a good quality knife. So let me help you because only a user knows where the shoe pinches.
Well, It is proven that “Old is gold,” and so I’ve come here to help you with the Lamson knives review. Lamson is the king of the Cutlery world since 1837. They have been carrying an aristocrat knife history for more than 187 years. This rich history will compel you to think twice before choosing any other options for your kitchen and outdoor.
Lamson Lifetime Guarantee
Lamson produces only the best quality product. Their main focus is on quality, craftsmanship, and customer satisfaction. Don’t be surprised to know that the brand will give you a lifetime guarantee for your product.
If you damage the knives, they won’t be responsible for it. Nevertheless, if your knife can’t satisfy you for any manufacturing defect, then Lamson will be there to serve you the best forever.
Best Lamson Knives Review
Hopefully, you are clear about the brand value, policy, and quality. But as every curious mind want to check examples before making any final decision,
And so I thought to give you a Lamson Knives review which may help you to find quality based Lamson kitchen knives.
According to my experience, research, and reviews, I’ve picked ten models of Lamson and Goodnow knives. They have covered all the categories so that you can know about the entire range of Lamson.
Lamson Fire Forged 8-inch Chef Knife
The Lamson Fire Forged 8-inch Chef Knife is one of the best options for your kitchen. If you are looking for an all-rounder kitchen knife with excellent quality, go to the website and add it to your cart. Even any Lamson knife cannot beat the fire-forged series.
You can get perfect slices of your vegetables, fruits, and meats without damaging your chopping boards. Because there are knuckles which protect from hitting the board
- High-Quality blade: The Fire forged knife is made with German-based high carbon stainless steel with 4116 grade, and they use a traditional hot drip method to form a precision-forged blade. This process ensures perfect hardness with a sharper edge. It also gives you corrosion-free, high elasticity features.
- Handles: The knives have sturdy handles with rosewood or silver series. On the other hand, full tang blades with triple-riveted handles with the same quality resin-infused, Pakkawood handles and nickel silver rivets ensure you a comfortable grip with more safety.
- Moreover, they have an acrylic-finished handle, which is mainly water-resistant and also gives fire and smoke infusion color.
- Bolster: Here, you will get a Curvy and recessed bolster to ensure a seamless transition for overall balance.
- The 8-inch stainless blade provides excellent durability with ease of cutting.
- Easy and safe to use.
- Ensure 100% safety with a comfortable thumb support
- Best to use at 58 Rockwell temperature.
- Sharpening facilities are also available for a lifetime.
- High price
- Machine wash can damage the blade quality.
Lamson Paring Knife Fire Forged 3.5-inch.
Lamson Paring knives are versatile in use. If you research more about the Lamson knives review, then you will find that everyone priorities to use it because of its multitasking facilities. The knives will give you a smooth finish in cutting small vegetables like carrots, garlic, etc. They can peel vegetables without keeping any residue. On top of that, they are also helpful in mincing and cleaning. It will be a great choice when you need a close controlled blade.
- Blade: Paring knife uses a sheep’s foot parer to get a blunt blade tip, preventing any accidental injuries. They have a straight-edged sword to extract the peel and the vegetable or fruits nicely.
- And if you want to know the blade quality, it also comes with a stainless German-based blade. And as Usual, it uses grade 4116 stainless blade material. The blades are hand polished and honed with a convex ground blade. Its 20° angled edge is corrosion-free.
- Handles: The triple-riveted handles of silver woods make the whole knife strong and sturdy. They also use a hot drop method to prevent any damage. Handles are specially designed with resin-infused acrylic material, which is suitable for the durability of handles.
- Bolster: Bolster is the most significant part of Lamson’s paring knives because if the bolster cant handles the weight, it will be tough for the new user to run the knife as there is a curved bolster with the 3.5-inch blade so you can be sure about its control capacity and support.
- Helpful for both professional or home use
- The sharpening process is more straightforward.
- Comes with a taper ground edge.
- Suitable for food curving and peeling.
- A little bit sensitive for cutting bones or thick meats.
Lamson 10-inches Premier Forged Kullenschliff Roast Knife
Well, if Lamson knife reviews will remain incomplete without Lamson 10 inches premium forged knife. As you can see, the name indicates that the blade has a specialty over meat or flesh.
It is popular with the chefs as a meat knife. The sharp edge of this item can easily make ultra-thin slices. It is perfect for handling turkeys, hum, or roasts. The kullenschliff edge prevents food from sticking. On the other hand, kullenschliff are scalloped blades, which means they will be suitable for cutting and grinding.
This is also a preferable option in butchery. It can easily detach extra fat from the concrete piece. The knives are handmade with the best craftsmen. So the perfection is beyond description.
- Blade: All the Lamson forged knives are made of German steel. This 10-inch blade is not also exceptional. But there you will find a high carbon-coated blade which provides you with an extra sharp edge.
- The blade material is mainly the carbon copy of the sharpest carbon of Solingen. Besides these, there will be a high elasticity and corrosion-resistant metal in blades.
- Handle: In kullenschliff roast knives, you may get two kinds of handles. One is of Pakkawood, which is from the silver series, and another one is the acrylic or fire series. Both of them are water-resistant so that the item will last longer. Moreover, the natural rosewood has mineral oil in it, suitable for a non-slip finish. There are also triple-riveted handles to adjust the extra load.
- Bolster: If you want a seamless transition from both the blade and handle, then 10 inches forged knife will be the best for you. The curved shape bolster is good to grip and prevents any accident.
- Slicing is easy due to the larger blades.
- Easy to sharpening
- Food never gets stuck to the blade.
- The blade is thicker and heavier, so no chances of accidental breakage.
- Sometimes it gets wedged.
- Not appropriate for the flaky or delicate task.
Lamson Earth Forged 7-inch Offset Bread Knife
As I said earlier, Lamson focuses on customer satisfaction. They have all kinds of knives to meet your demand. Lamson brings an excellent option for bread lovers too. Yes! You can now slice your slices of bread within a second. Though put is named as a bread knife, it is also known as a tomato knife. I think you are clear about its functionality now, no?
This knife is not only good for slicing blades, but also your veggies, sausage, or skinny fruits will easily bruise with the cute spoon.
Now let me tell you about it. It’s a unique look. Don’t be confused with the picture. The blade is set lower to ensure your safety, mainly nothing else. But if you are new with the knife, then cut safely; otherwise, you may hurt yourself.
- Blade: High-quality 7-inch stainless offset blade is made of high carbon German steel with molybdenum vanadium. Well, the design of the edge ensures to cut objects without rotating the board.
- Handle: There is a polypropylene handle of white color. This ergonomic handle focuses on safety first. It is also in the N.S.F. list so that you will get a non-slippery grip from the handle.
- Full tang convex ground blade gives a polished finish
- Mineral oils in the handles make knives durable.
- Best for slicing
- Dishwasher safe.
- Prevent Knuckles one the cutting board.
- Not safe for the beginners
Lamson Rosewood 6-inches Premier Forged Fillet/Boning
Usually, Japanese knives have a wide range of filleting or boning knives. But Lamson is a great competitor for them. Most users don’t have enough idea about Lamson Rosewood 6 inches premium forged boning knife, so I thought to introduce you to the budget-friendly knife. According to this Lamson Knives Review, you undoubtedly choose it to complete your fish filleting or any delicate task.
The knife is also famous as a utility knife because it helps you all-purpose like cutting, slicing, peeling, and food carving.
So if your budget is tight, then check the links and buy this one. Well, you can also check the features of here:
- Blade: It comes with a one-piece thin but sharp edge. The high steel carbon makes the blade hardened, and it is also suitable for use in any tall tempered task. These are taper grounded and hand edged so that you can expect a solid finish from them.
- Handles: Lamson’s craftsmen use rosewood in its handle so that they become durable. I know it’s a bit confusing but doesn’t think they use oil on the wooden handles. Rosewoods are enriched with mineral oil sacks that protect the handle from any damage.
- Bolster: Most of them come with triple-riveted and brass rivet. The specialty of brass rivets is that they help create an overall balance when you grab it to cut vegetables. Generally, triple-riveted can do the task, but as it is a boning knife, it needs more support. And this little extra care will help you to fillet a fish like a professional chef.
- All-purpose knife
- Its 6 inches blade can handle any size of fish or meats.
- The best option at a reasonable price
- No need to give extra pressure
- Flexible and easy to use
- It can easily detach the flesh from bones.
- Safe for professional use only.
Lamson 7-inches Premier Forged Kullenschliff (Granton) Edge Santoku Knife
First and foremost, don’t puzzle yourself to see the name. Granton is a trademark of the Lamson products. So it is obvious to describe a Granton knife in the review of Lamson knives.
Granton is similar to Kullenschliff, with a slight difference of blade edge. In Granton knives, you will get a row of scallops on both sides. And its straight edge gives an outlook of a standard knife.
They are known as slicers and carvers. The particular knife prevents food shredding and tearing by creating a small air pocket in both food and knife. So you can quickly cut salmon, cucumber with it.
- Blade: Granton blade is stainless, and manufacturers use 4116-grade German carbon here. There is also a substantial area in the back of the blade. This 7-inch length of the blade ensures a long and thin slice of the food. Initially, Granton blades were used as a Santoku blade; that’s why people prefer to call it a Santoku knife.
- Handles: Lamson 7-inches Premier Forged Kullenschliff (Granton) Edge Santoku Knife used as the usual wood handle or plastic handle in ancient times, but nowadays, Lamson company choose acrylic handle for these Santoku knives.
- Maintain hygiene of the food
- Keep the food intact without shredding or tearing.
- Stainless steel provides durability
- Easy to cut clingy foods
- Difficult to sharp with a typical whetstone.
- There are more scallops in the blade but compared to It, and the edge is relatively lightweight.
Lamson 5-inches Premier Forged Fine-Edge Steak Knives
I was about to complete Lamson knife reviews but suddenly found that I didn’t recommend a steak, Lamson. If you are a steak lover, then no option can be better than this.
Lamson 5 inches steak knives are specially designed to get thick slices of meats and chop them quickly.
Nothing can beat the satisfaction of a perfect slice and serrated edge of a perfect steak.
It is not only for steak, but you can also use it to cut your regular fruits and vegetables.
It generally comes with strong, sharp, or serrated edges.
- This steak knife has the thinnest high-carbon stainless steel with a sharp tip. The German grade 4116 blade gives it a smart and smooth finish.
- Each steak knife has a unique forged premium quality with traditional hot-drop Forge. Both of these forges ensure a more rigid, sharper blade. It is also rust resistance with high elastic limits.
- The blade is hardened and tempered at 58 Rockwell scale.
- The handle is well balanced with the acrylic series.
- The bolsters bent well so that you can cut foods from any angle.
- Good for beginners.
- Safe to use
- Durable and price-worthy.
- Good for handling meat
- The hand washing process is risky.
Lamson 7.25-inches Meat Cleaver (Walnut Handle)
A typical meat cleaver is a large knife used for butchery or kitchen mainly. Chicken thighs of bone from meats can easily detach with the knife.
Lamson 7.25 inches meat cleaver is similar to a rectangular hatchet blade as it is more expansive than any other option. Hence, chefs prefer to crush garlic, onion, and different small vegetables while cooking any dishes.
- Blade: This knife comes with a 7.25-inch wide blade, and it is made of hardened H.C.H.C. stainless steel. Three rivets hold the blade securely with the handle. The blade has a sharp edge with a nickel coat.
- Blade: The knife is unique with its handle. The handle is made of organic walnut wood, which gives a firm grip with a sturdy look. So you need not worry about its durability.
- On top of that, its brass rivets secure the full tang construction of the large knife.
- Best for cutting meats and bones
- Gives ultra-thin slices
- High-quality blade
- Easy to sharpen
- Reasonable in price
- The beginner shouldn’t use it.
Lamson Ulu Knife – Alaskan Knife since 2500 BC
There is good news that you don’t need to go to Alaska to buy knives or eat their dishes. You can now get Alaskan flavor at your home with Ulu’s life. You may ask now why Alaskan knife in
Lamson knife reviews.
Though it is an Alaskan knife U.S.A. is the proud manufacturer of the product. And that’s why it is named as a Lamson Ulu knife. It is an age-old brand which is in tradition from the 2500 BC.
It is known for its versatility and simplicity. From vegetables to pizza, you can cut everything with it. It. Ulu knives are also known as fish knives. The middle section of the knife is specially designed to exert more strength and cut anything easily.
- Blade: The Ulu knife has a 420 high carbon stainless steel blade. There is a curator’s motion on edge to pin the food down and cut them with a thin slice. These curators provide an effortless cutting preventing the food from shredding or tearing.
- Handle: Traditional Ulu has a walnut wood handle. The walnut wood makes the handles strong and sturdy. On top of that, nowadays, manufacturers prefer to make Ulu knives in the acrylic handle series. Because walnut wood is costlier. My suggestion is that if you want to avoid the fake Lamson knives, then go for wooden handled spoons; it makes your knife long-lasting and aristocratic.
- Ulu is mainly suitable for quick chopping.
- Price worthy
- Easy to use
- Easy to sharp
- Comes with an extra chopping board
- Best for professional use
- You need to be more careful while using it.
Lamson Knife Set Silver Forged 10-Piece Block.
The last option of Lamson knife reviews is from the Lamson silver series. It is mainly a professional set of 10 different knives. The silver series has a mesmerizing pattern with the best quality.
If you want to check all the Lamson knives, then it is an excellent choice to buy the package and give them a try. If you feel comfortable, then go for a single piece knife. It will help you gather experience as a beginner, and then you can easily use any of the professional knives.
The set includes:
• 2 set of 7/8″ trimming knives,
• A 3″ Paring knife
• One piece of 6″ Utility knife
• One-piece 6″ Fillet/ Boning knife
• One-piece 7″ Kullenschliff Santoku knife,
• One-piece 8″ Bread knife
• One-piece 8″ Chef Knife
• One 10″ Slicer knife
• One 10″ Sharpening Steel knife and
• One piece of 9-Slot Block knife.
- As it is a set of all popular knives so here, you will get different blade qualities. But don’t worry, all of them are made of high steel carbon blades. The blades are stainless, and they are 4116 German grade quality blades. All the ten pieces of blades are full tang blades with different sizes.
- Most of them have pakkawood handles, which are mainly resin infused.
- As they are from the silver series, there are silver nickel triple-riveted handles with every knife, and the rivets are suitable to balance the weight between the blades and handle.
- Solid and constructive figure
- Rosewood handles are available in every item.
- Easy cutting process
- They are designed with recessed bolsters
- Frequent sharpening is not necessary
- Safe for both beginners and professionals
- High price
- Maintenance is tough
- Heavy to handle.
Lamson Knife History
Since 1834, people of rural America started to use a scythe. But it wasn’t convenient for regular use. They were in search of a better option and came with the idea of a bentwood piece.
Farmers thought that they could easily use a bent piece of wood as a snath. At that time, Silas Lamson modified this idea. He launched a method for dreaming and wood bending. It could produce enough smiths according to production.
In 1835 he and his two sons came to Shelburne Falls to produce more than 20000 snaths. Later he proposed Abel Goodnow to join his team. Then finally, in 1837, they established the Lamson and Goodnow Knives brand.
They started with iron and brass by importing from Europe. So it made a belief that homemade material couldn’t stand before the international brand. Lamson accepted the challenge and employed only 40 experts from Germany, Solingen, England, Sheffield and started manufacturing quality based snaths.
The extraordinary quality of knives made the brand the best cutlery brand in the U.S.A. within 20 years. Lamson knives provide you with laser marking blades with a smooth hand finish. The former U.S. U.S. president Ulysses S.Grant loved Lamson knives quality and its aristocrat looks.
What Makes Each Lamson Knife Best in the U.S.A.
Lamson knife reviews prove that they are among the best brands among all the cutlery brands in the U.S.A. It is not so easy to be the best. There are a few factors that make Lam sons more extraordinary among all. As a user, you should know it so that you can differentiate the brand value.
You have seen in the product description that most of the Lamson knives are made of a stainless steel blade. Though there are various types of metals in Lamson sand, Goodnow never compromises with the quality; that’s why they choose the stainless option. Not only that. Their blades are from German-based metal with 4116 grade.
Additionally, you may know that there is a highly designed steel called “Alloy steel.” Alloy steels are corrosion or rust resistance. All Lamson knives are made of highly organized alloy steel to make the blades more durable.
Blade making process
Though it is a technical part bit, do you know the blade making process creates the main difference among blades?
Yeah, it’s true. The blade is the essential part of a knife. And Lamson brands never compromise to the process. Here is the process of how they produce their top-notch edge:
- At first, they select steel and ferrite for making blades where high-grade carbon gets priority while choosing steel. They use Ultra-low carbon steel and dead soft steel for their products.
- The next stage is forged welding. Here the blade is heated at 1200 °c to join the edge with a handle. At that time, a special adhesive powder sprinkled over the top and melted them with high heat.
- The heat helps to oxidize the blade and remove all the impurities.
- Then they put the blade again in high flame and hammered the rough shape and fixed the sharpness of the blade.
- Then the knives go with annealing, sharpening, and straightening process. And after completing all the sophisticated techniques, we get a good quality Lamson knife.
Rosewood or Pakkawood are used as a handle of the Lamson knife. Besides wood handles, they are available in plastic, metal. There are acrylic handles on some silverware.
The flexibility of any blade makes it more durable. The flexibility of knives varies one alloy content. With a thinner edge, a feeble knife can penetrate the foods well.
Lamson knives are best in terms of flexibility. Their full blades are thin, even some of them bent easily.
It is a protecting agent for the user. Everyone prefers to use Lamson knives, but these knives have sharp thin blade edges that may harm new users. So the L & G Company provides a sheath facility in their knife. They come with a soft material like leather. Sometimes you will find folding Lamson with a sheath knife. They designed it to ensure safety.
Well, most of the Lamson knives are heavy. So sometimes it becomes difficult to handle. To remove this hassle, they try to use a full tang blade with triple nickel riveted handles. These features prevent the back of the knife.
They also help to balance the excessive weight of the edge and handle. If you compare Lamson with other knife brands like Deba knife or cheese knife, you will see they won’t provide the facility. So now it’s apparent that Lamson is the best.
American vs European Knife Review
Both Americans and European brands manufacture different kinds of knives every day. All sorts of knives are for cutting food materials, but foreign countries and companies follow other procedures to manufacture.
American knives: Most of the American brands use Alloy steel for a more rigid and durable finish.
American knives are suitable for professional use as they are made with more rigid materials. Beginners should avoid these kinds of knives.
Example of American brand: Lamson and Goodnow brand knives
On the contrary, European knives are user friendly. People of ages can use knives. They come with the most effortless functionality. So the maintenance process is more accessible than any American brand.
These knives use lightweight materials so that you will get a knife within your budgets.
The only limitation of the European brand is they don’t provide you with the long-lasting service, and their blade loses sharpness with frequent use.
Example of European knife: Opinel No eight pocket knife.
American vs. Japanese Knife Review
American knives and Japanese knives are different. Even their blade quality differs from each other.
Firstly, if you compare with the sharpness level of them, then you will find most of the American knives are sharper on both sides of the blade whereas Japanese blades are also sharper, but their tip is not so pointy like American brands.
Secondly, if you compare with the curving facilities, then the American knife is the winner here. This has full tang blades triple-riveted. So you can cut food materials from any angle or even rotating motion. On the contrary, you will hardly find any curved Japanese knife.
Both of the knives use more hardened steel for their blade, but Japanese brands are comparatively better. It holds the sharpness longer than American ones.
Though Japanese brands have a wide range of products, most of them are not multiple purposes. They design one specific brand to focus on individual preparation.
Like each FAQ section, this part is all about answering some basic questions about this amazing kitchen worrier. The best thing about a FAQ is you will get all the necessary answers at a glance. And, this section is not an oddballs’ over here.
What Are The Best Kitchen Knives On The Market?
1. Wusthof Classic 8inch chef knife (best all-rounder chef knives)
2. Pampered 8inch Chef’s knives (best for beginners)
3. Global Santoku 7-Inch Chef’s Knife (Sharpest chef’s knife)
4. Misen 8-Inch Chef’s Knife (best multi-purpose knife)
5. Kramer by Zwilling 8-Inch Chef’s Knife (long-lasting knives.)
Where Are Lamson Knives Made?
Lamson is mainly an American knife brand. Most of the American Craftsmen are working there. This is the oldest knife manufacturing company in the U.S.A. Lamson and Goodnow started the journey in 1837, but still, they produce the best quality cutlery set like before.
Are Procook Knives Any Good?
There are two basic kinds of pro cook available. They are Gourmet range and Professional range. Among all the popular options, Procook knives like the Procook classic X30 range is good to use.
The knife is heavy and coated with stainless steel blades, which help you to cut with minimal pressure, and its multipurpose cutter can cut, slice dice, and peel the fruits and vegetables easily. Its sharp and robust blade provides an overall balance to get a good grip.
This well-known company provides excellent service to its customers for a long time warranty.
What Are The Best Quality Knife Sets?
Well, there are enormous best quality knife sets available. Such as:
Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Block Set( best overall knife set)
Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Cutlery Knife Block Set( Best budget-friendly knife set)
Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Cutlery Fusion 18pc Block Set( highest numbers of knives in a set)
Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set (One of the best European brands).
Global 7-piece Ikasu Knife Block Set( best stainless steel knife set)
Cuisinart C55-01-12PCKS Knife Set( most vibrant knife set)
How to take care of Lamson knives?
it doesn’t matter which Lamson Knives Review you peek at, these knives are sensitive kitchen materials. A little unconsciousness can lessen the lifetime of your favorite cutlery set. So you need to take extra care of Lamson knives.
You should not wash your Lamson knives with a dishwasher because maximum knives are wooden made. The dishwasher can damage the wooden handle. It will make the hold fragile. Try to rinse with warm spray water.
- Never store your knife in damp condition. Damp blades lose their sharpness early. So dry them naturally and hold them with a napkin. And don’t keep it near the flame for drying. The knife can be burnt, and you may hurt with the blade.
- Use a soft cloth for regular dusting. Any harsh clothing will hamper the smooth handle.
- Use vegetable oil or Mineral oil to maintain the shine of your blade. But don’t dip in an oil-filled bowl.
- Keep it away from children’s reach; otherwise, they can hurt themselves.
- Sharpening your knives regularly causes blunt life to decrease the quality, and it takes much time to complete the task. If necessary, then you can call in customer service for sharpening.
How to Keep Lamson Sharp knives Razor Sharp?
A sharp knife can change the whole scenario of your kitchen. If you regularly sharp your knife, you don’t need to spend more time cutting any stubborn vegetables or flesh.
However, you may be thinking that sharpening is dangerous and time-consuming. No dear! Trust me; the procedure is so easy.
You will find various honing steel in the supermarket within your budget. Go and bring one of them and bring a rough rod for extra support.
Now start by keeping the blade and rod on a flat surface.
Hold the edge of the rod with your empty hand. Place your knife’s blunt edge on the rod. Make sure to create a 1520 degree angle between the knife and the steel rod. Hold it safely; otherwise, you can cut your finger and drag the blade downwards and pull the knife near to you. Repeat the same procedure for the other side of the edge.
Well, if you can’t handle the mess, then pack it and send it to your nearest Lamson knife showroom; they will sharpen your knife for free of cost.
Finally, it’s wrapping up time now. I have tried my level best to enlighten you with the Lamson Knives Review in detail. I hope you are clear enough to choose any of them according to your recommendation.
But if you are a beginner, don’t go with the professional ones you will lose your interest. So, in my opinion. It’s better to buy the Lamson knives set for the experiment. You will get all the blades in a box. It is a right practice box, I should say.
At the same time, if you have enough confidence, then just go with any of these knives. They are easy to handle. So no more late-start to check the price from now on, and don’t forget to give me a review. Till then, I wish you safe cooking!
Some related article that you can take a peek at